New scholarship offered for MSU accounting students

There are new scholarships and discounts available for students who are pursuing a degree in accounting at MSU. 

Becker Professional Education announced recently that more than 120 Certified Public Accountant candidates (CPA) will have the opportunity to receive full or partial scholarships for Becker’s CPA Exam Review course

The Newton D. Becker Scholarship Program will award $225,000 in CPA Exam Review Scholarships. This will include 20 full 4-part courses valued at $3,393. They will also offer over 100 scholarships that are each valued at $1,697. 

The program honors Newton D. Becker, who passed away in 2012. Becker founded Becker Professional Education in 1957, and lead the way in a new approach to preparing candidates for the CPA exam.  

The scholarship program is now in it’s fourth year and has awarded more than $750,000 in financial assistance — it was created to continue Becker's legacy by helping students and professionals fulfill dreams of becoming an accountant by earning CPA credit. 

To be eligible for the scholarship, MSU students interested in pursuing a career in accounting must demonstrate financial need and not be enrolled in Becker's CPA Exam Review. Also, through a personal statement, they must demonstrate traits that were important to Becker, including high moral character, strong leadership and commitment to community service.  

“The scholarship program is an excellent way to carry on Newton’s vision by enabling dedicated students and professionals to pursue the gold standard in the profession: the CPA credential,” Vice President of U.S. Accounting at Becker Professional Education Timothy McClinton said in a press release. 

Scholarship applications are due by Feb. 1, 2016. Recipients will be notified by e-mail starting on Feb. 26, 2016. 

Share and discuss “New scholarship offered for MSU accounting students ” on social media.