ESPN's College GameDay to visit Big Ten Championship game between MSU and Iowa

<p>Sparty walks through the crowd on Sept. 12, 2015, at ESPN's College Gameday at Munn field. Hundreds of students arrived early in the morning for a chance to see the live taping. Jack Stephan/ The State News</p>

Sparty walks through the crowd on Sept. 12, 2015, at ESPN's College Gameday at Munn field. Hundreds of students arrived early in the morning for a chance to see the live taping. Jack Stephan/ The State News

Photo by Jack Stephan | The State News

Following the MSU football team's 55-16 victory over Penn State Saturday, ESPN’s College GameDay announced it will be making its fourth stop at a game featuring MSU, as it announced via twitter that it would be traveling to Indianapolis for the Big Ten Championship game between Iowa and MSU on Dec. 5.

Three games involving MSU this year have been the marquee game of the week for College GameDay already. College GameDay first visited East Lansing for MSU vs Oregon on Sept. 12 then traveled to Ann Arbor to showcase MSU vs Michigan on Oct. 17. College GameDay also visited Columbus on Nov. 21 for MSU’s matchup with Ohio State. MSU won all three of those games.

In all three incidences, Lee Corso, one of the hosts of the has show picked against MSU in his famous and popular mascot/school headgear selection segment. The former coach came into Saturday 3-9 on the season, prompting mumblings of a ‘Corso Curse’ upon teams picked by Corso.

MSU games visited by College GameDay have been the sight of two last second victories by MSU this season -- highlighted by Jalen Watts-Jackson’s fumble recovery for a touchdown on a botched punt and Michael Geiger’s 41-yard field goal as time expired to dethrone Ohio State.

Share and discuss “ESPN's College GameDay to visit Big Ten Championship game between MSU and Iowa” on social media.