MSU a capella groups perform for Homecoming

MSU’s Homecoming weekend included a football win against Purdue, a parade, hayrides, and many other events to remind MSU students and alumni of why they love their Spartan community.

In celebration of Homecoming, vocal performance groups at MSU came together at the union Sept. 29 to entertain students through song.

The event brought together student vocal groups such as Ladies First, AccafellasCapital GreenThe Spartan DischordsSpartan SurMSU Gospel ChoirRCAHppella and State of Fifths.

“It’s the one really big on-campus event that all of the a capella groups perform at," animal science sophomore and Ladies First performer Olivia Child said. "We have other performances together but they are not usually on campus like this."

Groups performed a wide range of songs including pop hits like Rhianna’s “Four Five Seconds”, old favorites like Otis Redding’s “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay”, traditional gospel, and songs from the soundtrack of the film The Hobbit.

Check out the video for clips of performances from Sounds of Homecoming and interviews with performers!

Share and discuss “MSU a capella groups perform for Homecoming ” on social media.