ASMSU and RHA partner to bring fall entertainment to campus

<p>Public policy senior Domonique Clemons, president of the associated students, addresses the policy committee at the ASMSU meeting on Sept. 24, 2015 in the Student Affairs and Services building. He said that he hopes to use the skills gained during his time at ASMSU to work in local or state government in Michigan.</p>

Public policy senior Domonique Clemons, president of the associated students, addresses the policy committee at the ASMSU meeting on Sept. 24, 2015 in the Student Affairs and Services building. He said that he hopes to use the skills gained during his time at ASMSU to work in local or state government in Michigan.

Photo by Catherine Ferland | The State News

ASMSU, MSU's undergraduate student government, and the Residence Hall Association have officially partnered to bring fall entertainment to MSU.

ASMSU has matched RHA's contribution of $85,000 towards bringing entertainment to the university after passing Bill No. 52-17.

The event has potential to reach up to 12,000 students, according to ASMSU.

Due to contractual obligations, ASMSU and RHA are unable to comment on the event's details.

Vice President for Special Projects Molly McGinnis said ASMSU hopes to keep ticket prices under $25 for students and that students will have the opportunity to buy tickets first.

During an ASMSU General Assembly meeting, the representatives voiced concerns about last years cancelation of the much anticipated Wiz Khalifa concert, that left students upset. 

"We didn't work with RHA last year on something. We're doing that this year, this event will not fall through," Vice President for Internal Administration Jason Porter said.

Share and discuss “ASMSU and RHA partner to bring fall entertainment to campus” on social media.