MSU baseball to host Air Force in exhibition this Saturday

<p>Men's baseball coach Jake Boss Jr. encourages players from third base in the third game of the series against the University of Illinois on May 5, 2013, at McLane Baseball Stadium at Old College Field. The Spartans won 4-3 after trailing 3-1 for a majority of the game. Danyelle Morrow/The State News</p>

Men's baseball coach Jake Boss Jr. encourages players from third base in the third game of the series against the University of Illinois on May 5, 2013, at McLane Baseball Stadium at Old College Field. The Spartans won 4-3 after trailing 3-1 for a majority of the game. Danyelle Morrow/The State News

Photo by Danyelle Morrow | The State News

MSU baseball is back in East Lansing. 

According to a release by MSU athletics, the Spartans will take on Air Force in an exhibition this Saturday on the same day the MSU football team also takes on Air Force.

The Spartans have high ambitions for the upcoming season, after finishing last season with an overall record of 34-23 and a Big Ten record of 14-10, which was good for a third place tie in the conference.

The Air Force Falcons finished last season 23-29 with a 11-17 record in the Mountain West conference.

Although the baseball season doesn’t officially start until February, it’ll be exciting to catch a first glimpse of MSU and their season to come.

The baseball game is free to attend and will take place after the MSU-Air Force football game with the first pitch being thrown at 4 p.m. at McLane Baseball Stadium.

Share and discuss “MSU baseball to host Air Force in exhibition this Saturday” on social media.