MSUPD: Police respond to larceny, missing money

<p>East Lansing Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

East Lansing Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

Photo by Courtney Kendler | The State News

Larceny from building

On Sept. 22 at about 1:40 p.m., a 17-year-old female student had her laundry stolen by another 17-year-old female student in Bryan Hall. Apparently, the subject was angry her clothing was stolen repeatedly and decided to return the favor to somebody at random. She confessed to the crime after a police investigation and returned the clothing, although the victim does not want to press charges.

Missing money from wallet

21-year-old male student realized his wallet was missing between 9:10 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Sept. 22, after apparently losing it in class. He was called later that his wallet had been found and he could pick it up in Hubbard Hall, although once he got there it was missing between $20 and $50 in cash. The person who returned the wallet said no cash was in it when they found it, only opening it to find identification. He is not a suspect.

For a more detailed view of major crimes on campus, check out The State News crime tracker, updated most weekdays.

This does not represent every report taken by MSU police. For every incident's time and location, view MSU police's Clery Crime and Fire Log.

For the East Lansing Police Department, visit their crime map.

Due to the large number of crimes usually occurring during home games, individual reports are not detailed. For a total number of incidents on campus during home football games, visit this previous story from The State News.

Share and discuss “MSUPD: Police respond to larceny, missing money” on social media.