MSU basketball 2015-16 conference schedule released

<p>Head coach Tom Izzo looks back at his team before receiving the NCAA Eastern Regional trophy March 28, 2015, during the East Regional round of the NCAA Tournament in the Elite Eight against Louisville at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. The Spartans defeated the Cardinals in overtime, 76-70. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Head coach Tom Izzo looks back at his team before receiving the NCAA Eastern Regional trophy March 28, 2015, during the East Regional round of the NCAA Tournament in the Elite Eight against Louisville at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. The Spartans defeated the Cardinals in overtime, 76-70. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

The upcoming schedule for men’s basketball in the Big Ten has been released. The Spartans will travel to Ann Arbor for a lone match up with interstate rival Michigan and the highly touted Maryland Terrapins will make a trip to East Lansing in the slate’s only match up, according to a Spartan Athletics release.

In all, the Izzone will see nine Big Ten match ups this year beginning with Illinois on Jan. 7. The Spartans will play five home-and-home match ups with Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers and Wisconsin. Four schools will only be played on the road (Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue) and four only at home (Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska), according to the release.

The first Big Ten match up will be at Iowa on Dec. 29 and will follow 13 non-conference games including the Champions classic against Kansas, in Chicago, and the Wooden Legacy tournament in Fullerton, Calif., against Boston College.

The complete 2015-16 schedule is posted on the Spartan Athletics website.

Share and discuss “MSU basketball 2015-16 conference schedule released” on social media.