Freebies galore at Sparticipation

<p>Students make their way down to the floor Sept. 14, 2014, during Sparticipation at Breslin Center. State News File Photo. </p>

Students make their way down to the floor Sept. 14, 2014, during Sparticipation at Breslin Center. State News File Photo. 

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

Almost every college student will agree that getting free stuff is one of the best parts of going to campus events. 

On Tuesday, students will have the opportunity to get some freebies and learn more about clubs and registered student organizations on campus. 

Sparticipation, hosted by the Department of Student Life, is a fair for student organizations to promote student engagement. It will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Cherry Lane Field.

“Sparticipation gives new students the opportunity to learn what organizations are available at MSU,” Fred Watson, assistant director of student life, said.

Some of the clubs that will be in attendance include the Kids Without Cancer at MSU, the MSU Breakdance Club, the MSU Poetry Slam Team and the MSU Wakeboard Club. 

Watson said there will also be several new vendors at Sparticipation including Kroger and Zap Zone. 

Electrical engineering sophomore Samuel Braxton suggested bringing an extra backpack or bag to keep all the items and fliers students will receive at the event.

“It’s a lot of stuff, a lot of information," Braxton said. "I got free gatorades and me and my friends took pictures in front of this cool backdrop."

Last year, the event faced issues due to weather. In the event of rain, Sparticipation will either move to an indoor location or possibly be postponed. 

Share and discuss “Freebies galore at Sparticipation” on social media.