Dantonio appears on ESPN today for college football preview

<p>Head coach Mark Dantonio greets his team as they come in for a time out Jan. 1, 2015, during The Cotton Bowl Classic football game against Baylor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Spartans defeated the Bears and claimed the Cotton Bowl Victory, 42-41. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Head coach Mark Dantonio greets his team as they come in for a time out Jan. 1, 2015, during The Cotton Bowl Classic football game against Baylor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Spartans defeated the Bears and claimed the Cotton Bowl Victory, 42-41. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

Mark Dantonio is joining ESPN today live in studio for a five hour block of college football talk. The segment, called a “Car Wash,” runs college coaches through a series of shows at the network’s campus in Bristol, Conn.

Dantonio began his wash on Sportscenter at 10:30 a.m. where he said the program’s recent success “has paid dividends” in recruiting.

“Great recruiting year, incoming freshman look like a great bunch ... ,” Dantonio said.

Dantonio was asked about U of M coach Jim Harbaugh, to which he said Harbaugh is a “proven commodity, a proven coach."

When asked about the The Rolling Stone’s article, which titled Harbaugh and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer “The Big Ten’s Big Two,” Dantonio said, with a smile, “I’m just a guy trying to look forward.”

Dantonio was then asked about senior quarterback Connor Cook, to which he said, “he probably knows the playbook as well as the coaches.”

Here is Dantonio’s following “Car Wash” schedule, according to a Spartan Athletics release:

11 a.m. Championship Drive Podcast with Ivan Maisel

11:30 a.m. Sportscenter (live)

12 p.m. E:60 Le’Veon Bell documentary (taped)

12:45 p.m. Highly Questionable with Dan Le Batard and Bomani Jones (taped)

1:30 p.m. Stephen A. Smith Show (live: Mad Dog Sports Radio | Sirius XM Ch. 85)

2 p.m. College Football Live

2:30 p.m. ESPN Radio – The Freddie Coleman Show (taped)

2:45 p.m. ESPNU College Football Daily (taped)

3 p.m. ESPN Images photo shoot

This is Dantonio’s third trip to Bristol and second “Car Wash” appearance, according to the release. Fans can get a behind-the-scenes look at Dantonio’s visit by following @MSU_Football and @DantonioMark on Twitter, according to the release. 

Share and discuss “Dantonio appears on ESPN today for college football preview ” on social media.