Connor Cook named No. 2 college QB by campusinsiders.com

<p>Junior quarterback Connor Cook throws a pass Nov. 22, 2014, during the game against Rutgers at Spartan Stadium. Cook passed two touchdowns during the game. The Spartans defeated the Scarlet Knights, 45-3. Raymond Williams/The State News</p>

Junior quarterback Connor Cook throws a pass Nov. 22, 2014, during the game against Rutgers at Spartan Stadium. Cook passed two touchdowns during the game. The Spartans defeated the Scarlet Knights, 45-3. Raymond Williams/The State News

Photo by Raymond Williams | The State News

MSU senior quarterback Connor Cook was ranked No. 2 best college football quarterback of 2015— second to Mississippi State's Dak Prescott — in a recent ranking on campusinsiders.com.

The rankings were based on projections for the upcoming season and not professional potential, according to the article.

"(Connor Cook) could’ve gone pro early and likely would’ve been the third quarterback taken off the board, and now he’s pushing to possibly be one of the top picks next year if all goes well," Pete Fiutak, the author of the article, wrote. "At 6-4 and 220 pounds he has the NFL size to go along with the right arm strength and the gunslinger ability to keep on bombing no matter what."

Cook became the full-time starter in his sophomore year — passing for 2,755 yards with an average of 196.8 yards per game, posting a 135.5 passing efficiency rating and throwing for 22 touchdowns and six interceptions.

As a junior, Cook passed for 3,214 yards with an average of 247.2 yards per game, he posted a 149.4 passing efficiency rating and threw for 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Share and discuss “Connor Cook named No. 2 college QB by campusinsiders.com” on social media.