Former MSU coach Nick Saban called out for comments on NFL draft feedback

<p>MSU Head Coach Nick Saban passes along the end zone while the Spartans warm up before the game against University of Michigan in Spartan Stadium on Oct. 10, 1999. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines 34-31 and are now 6-0. Jennifer Jankowski/The State News</p>

MSU Head Coach Nick Saban passes along the end zone while the Spartans warm up before the game against University of Michigan in Spartan Stadium on Oct. 10, 1999. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines 34-31 and are now 6-0. Jennifer Jankowski/The State News

Photo by Jennifer Jankowski | The State News

Former MSU and current Alabama head coach Nick Saban recently stated at SEC Media Days that he felt NFL draft feedback for players gauging their standing at the next level is a distraction to said players who are preparing for the final stretch of their season.

Saban coached MSU from 1995-99, but he left to become the head coach at Louisiana State before the bowl game in the 1999 season after leading the Spartans to a 9-2 record.

Former MSU wide receiver Plaxico Burress who played for the Spartans during Saban's tenure took offense to Saban's remarks.

Burress was considering leaving school early for the NFL, but Saban convinced Burress to stay to "finish what he started." The former wide receiver recently took to Twitter to call out his former coach.

Saban even told Burress that he wasn't a first round pick and he didn't know where he was getting his information from, Burress went on to become the No. 8 overall pick in the first round.

Burress ended his tweet rant saying "I was a 19 year old kid, the man that recruited me to play for him, looked me in my face and told me a lie."

This wasn't the first time Burress took to Twitter to call out his former coach, at the beginning of the year on Jan 1 he tweeted something very similar.

Share and discuss “Former MSU coach Nick Saban called out for comments on NFL draft feedback” on social media.