MSU Athletic Director Mark Hollis named vice chair of NCAA basketball committee

Athletics director Mark Hollis stands court side as the Spartans warm up Sunday afternoon at Breslin Center. MSU defeated Michigan 64-54. Matt Hallowell/The State News
Athletics director Mark Hollis stands court side as the Spartans warm up Sunday afternoon at Breslin Center. MSU defeated Michigan 64-54. Matt Hallowell/The State News —
Photo by Matt Hallowell | and Matt Hallowell The State News

MSU Athletic Director Mark Hollis has been selected as the 2015-16 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee vice chair and the 2016-17 chair of the committee, according to a Spartan Athletics news release.

“I love college sports. Over the past 35 years, I have been afforded the opportunity to learn and collaborate with a diverse collection of individuals through sports on campus,” Hollis said in the release. “Sharing the passion, integrity and dedication of the men and women serving on the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Committee, I look forward to continuing my commitment to the values of education and student-athletes. College athletics provides amazing opportunities for today’s students and value for our nation’s collective future. The NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament is a platform that allows us to share with the world a small glimpse of those broad educational, leadership, teamwork and athletic opportunities available to 460,000 student-athletes annually."

Ten members serve on the committee and its responsibilities include selecting, seeding and bracketing the field for the NCAA Tournament, according to NCAA.org. The previous chair of the committee was Utah State University Athletic Director Scott Barnes.

“It is with great responsibility and humility that I serve on the NCAA Men’s Basketball Committee and I look forward to working with our Committee, 2016 Chairman Joe Castiglione, Dan Gavitt and the rest of the NCAA staff over the upcoming seasons,” Hollis said in the release. 

Share and discuss “MSU Athletic Director Mark Hollis named vice chair of NCAA basketball committee ” on social media.