Supreme Court ruling brings same-sex couples to Ingham County Clerk's office

<p>Rev. Nicolette Siragusa officiates a same-sex marriage on the steps of the Ingham County Clerk's office on Friday, June 26, 2015. </p>

Rev. Nicolette Siragusa officiates a same-sex marriage on the steps of the Ingham County Clerk's office on Friday, June 26, 2015. 

Photo by Cameron Macko | The State News

Following the Supreme Court's decision to declare same-sex marriages legal in all 50 states, couples in Michigan flocked to local courthouses to finally be married in the eyes of the law. 

"Today is a great day in history," said Hank Borden, cochair of Michigan Pride. "This morning, the Supreme Court issued a ruling that means same-sex couples will soon have the freedom to marry and equal respect for their marriages across America. It’s a great day and a great victory! We are so thankful to April and Jayne DeBoer-Rowse, their legal team, and all of the pioneers who have worked for years to make this a reality."

As of 12:30 p.m., two couples have been married on the steps of the Ingham County Clerk's office, whose doors will remain open 'until everyone has been served'. 

Stay with statenews.com for updates. 

Share and discuss “Supreme Court ruling brings same-sex couples to Ingham County Clerk's office” on social media.