Athletic Director Mark Hollis honored by National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame

<p>Athletic director Mark Hollis addresses the crowd April 3, 2015, during a final four Spartan pep rally at the Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave., in Indianapolis, Indiana. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Athletic director Mark Hollis addresses the crowd April 3, 2015, during a final four Spartan pep rally at the Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave., in Indianapolis, Indiana. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

MSU athletic director Mark Hollis has been named the recipient of the John L. Toner award, presented annually by the The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame.

"The National Football Foundation (NFF) & College Hall of Fame announced today that Michigan State University Athletics Director Mark Hollis has been named the 2015 recipient of the NFF John L. Toner Award," the press release read. "Presented annually by the NFF, the Toner Award recognizes an athletics director who has demonstrated superior administrative abilities and shown outstanding dedication to college athletics and particularly college football."

MSU athletic teams have won 27 Big Ten Championships, appeared in seven bowl games, three Final Fours and they have won one National Championship since Hollis took over as athletic director.

“Under Mark’s guidance, Michigan State has continued to excel both on and off the field,” said NFF President and CEO Steve Hatchell in the release. “Since Hollis took over in 2008, the Spartans football program has achieved national prominence and the athletics department has seen substantial growth overall. His accomplishments place him at the forefront of his profession and make him truly worthy of this prestigious honor.”

Hollis will be receive his award at the 58th NFF Annual Awards Dinner on Dec. 8 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.

Share and discuss “Athletic Director Mark Hollis honored by National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame ” on social media.