Week of events: April 13-18

With only three weeks left before finals, students might be looking for a way to blow off some steam. Here are some events happening on campus during the week of April 13 to 18.

Battle of the Power Pairs

MSU Union, Main Lounge

April 16 

8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Test your knowledge of your roommate, friend or significant other as the UAB takes players through a series of questions. Prizes include a Kindle Fire, Spartan Cash and coupons to the MSU Dairy Store.

Aspen Santa Fe Ballet

Wharton Center

April 16

7:30 p.m.

Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, one of the top dance companies in teh u.S., will be taking the stage in the Cobb Great Hall. The show is approximately 120 minutes and includes two 15 minute intermissions.

Tickets are $15 for MSU students and start at $25 for the general public. 

MSU "Official" Drag Show

International Center

April 17

9 p.m. to midnight

Drag kings and queens will perform Friday night at this greek-themed event. An educational session, which will feature a showing of the documentary "Mala Mala" and a question and answer session, will take place before the show in Wells Hall. There will also be a toga competition at the event.

The event is open to all MSU students plus one guest.

Essentially Ellington High School Jazz Band Competition

MSU Union Main Lounge

April 18

8 a.m.

High school jazz bands will perform some of Duke Ellington’s work and works of other big band composers in front of jazz professionals.

The event is free.

Haiku Hike with the MSU Science Festival

Chemistry Building Room 109

April 18 

1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

The Center for Poetry will first give an overview of haiku poems, an ancient Japanese form of poetry and will lead a nature hike around campus after.

According to the event page, “participants will use words to channel their observations of the natural world around them.” 

Share and discuss “Week of events: April 13-18” on social media.