Second student arraigned in connection with Cedar Village assemblies

<p>Syed</p>

Syed

Another student arrested during the Sweet 16 celebrations at Cedar Village was arraigned on Thursday, according to an East Lansing police statement.

Accounting freshman Jaffer Raza Syed faces two charges — a disorderly conduct violation for remaining within 300 feet of an illegal fire and a minor in possession of alcohol charge.

The disorderly conduct violation alone is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $500 fine, according to the statement.

The 19-year-old Marquette native was released on bond, with the same stipulations as the other student — that he abides by a 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. curfew, that he is tested for alcohol every day and that he keeps 2,500 feet from any civil disturbances. 

He was also arrested at the revelry that occurred after the Sweet Sixteen victory early Saturday morning.

Syed is the second of 13 arrested during the weekend celebrations to have their arraignment information be released by East Lansing police.

On Tuesday, finance sophomore Dylan Carl Bonell was arraigned on two misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and one minor in possession of alcohol charge.

The disorderly conduct charges included remaining within 300 feet of a fire and hindering, assaulting or obstructing a police officer.

Share and discuss “Second student arraigned in connection with Cedar Village assemblies” on social media.