MSU sends out alert for groping, assault

MSU police sent out an alert earlier this afternoon making students aware of two crimes that were reported on April 29. 

The first incident occurred on the evening of April 28, on a CATA bus as it traveled on Kalamazoo Street between the Breslin Center and University Village loop. A male described to be in his early thirties with a shaved head sat behind the victim and reached along her side and grabbed her breast, the alert said. She reported the Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree to the police the next day and police are seeking information on the suspect. 

Additionally, an attempted armed robbery and felonious assault was reported in Wilson Hall on Wednesday night. The suspect accused the victim of stealing money from their room and struck them with a collapsible baton, demanding repayment. The suspect has been identified in this incident and MSU police will be submitting a warrant request to the Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office for review. 

It's unclear why police decided to send out emails in the report, or whether it is indicative of a revised policy the manner the department makes students aware of crime.

Share and discuss “MSU sends out alert for groping, assault” on social media.