Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Want to get pumped up for the Final Four? Watch this Tom Izzo pre-game speech before the Elite Eight

<p>Head coach Tom Izzo looks back at his team before receiving the NCAA Eastern Regional trophy March 28, 2015, during the East Regional round of the NCAA Tournament in the Elite Eight against Louisville at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. The Spartans defeated the Cardinals in overtime, 76-70.</p>

Head coach Tom Izzo looks back at his team before receiving the NCAA Eastern Regional trophy March 28, 2015, during the East Regional round of the NCAA Tournament in the Elite Eight against Louisville at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. The Spartans defeated the Cardinals in overtime, 76-70.

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

What better way to get pumped up for MSU's seventh Final Four appearance underneath Tom Izzo than by watching a speech from the head coach himself? 

This past Sunday, before the Spartans took the court at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, the 60-year-old provided a resounding prep talk to this players inside the locker room, in preparation for their Elite 8 matchup with the Louisville Cardinals. 

Watch this and you'll want to run through a brick wall for Michigan State Spartans coach Tom Izzo.

Posted by CBS Sports on Thursday, April 2, 2015

MSU would eventually advance past the regional finals following a 76-70 overtime finish as a No. 7 seed in the East region. It's the first time in the program's history that they've reached the Final Four ranked lower than a five seed. 

Izzo's run towards his second national championship since arriving at East Lansing will be challenged by the Duke Blue Devils, the winners of the South regional final over Gonzaga on Sunday. It's the third time in which these two programs have squared off in the NCAA tournament, both occurring in the Sweet 16. 

Share and discuss “Want to get pumped up for the Final Four? Watch this Tom Izzo pre-game speech before the Elite Eight” on social media.