ASMSU hosting tailgate before Green and White game this Saturday

With the Green and White game this Saturday, many students are gearing up to get back into Spartan Stadium again after months of separation.

The game itself is nothing more than a scrimmage, but many standard football traditions will continue.

In that spirit, the ASMSU sophomore class will be putting on a tailgate in the Spartan Stadium parking lot from 12-2 p.m. on Saturday. 

World politics sophomore and president of the ASMSU sophomore class Sina Ghobadi said he expects to see about 100-150 people at the tailgate. 

“The purpose of this tailgate is to promote our main organization along with MSU sophomores and class council, and spreading awareness about what ASMSU does,” Ghobadi said. “On top of that we are looking forward to hosting an event that brings both college students and alumni together before the game (to) enjoy some free food and drinks along with a variety of tailgate games.” 

With many students aware of ASMSU but relatively unfamiliar with what the organization does, Ghobadi said the tailgate could help students understand the functions of ASMSU. 

Ghobadi said that by increasing this familiarity, he hopes that students will give recommendations and suggestions for events in the future. 

Ghobadi added that activities on Saturday will include water pong, cornhole, and football, in addition to a performing DJ. 

James Madison sophomore and vice president of the ASMSU sophomore class Abbie Reed made sure to emphasize that there will be free food at the tailgate. 

Reed also explained that this is the first year for the tailgate.

“Typically, each council plans one big event each year for the end of the year," Reed said. "So for last year we did Battle of the Late Nights, which the freshman are doing now.” 

Jason Barnett, an accounting sophomore and treasurer of the ASMSU sophomore class, said that other than promoting ASMSU, much of the purpose of this tailgate is to get people to attend the Green and White Game.

This is the first step that ASMSU is taking in combatting the attendance problems experienced at many home games last year with the student section, he explained. 

Share and discuss “ASMSU hosting tailgate before Green and White game this Saturday” on social media.