MacGarrett Kings Jr. pretrial adjourned, no new date set

<p>Junior wide receiver Macgarrett Kings Jr. runs the ball down the field Oct. 4, 2014, during the game against Nebraska at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Cornhuskers, 27-22. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Junior wide receiver Macgarrett Kings Jr. runs the ball down the field Oct. 4, 2014, during the game against Nebraska at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Cornhuskers, 27-22. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

Those expecting developments in the case of junior wide receiver Macgarrett Kings Jr will have to wait as his pretrial was adjourned and will be rescheduled in a few weeks for a date to be determined.

The defense attorney representing Kings will be James T. Heos and the prosecutor in the case will be East Lansing city attorney Thomas M. Yeadon.

Kings faces two charges—drunk and disorderly conduct and obstructing, resisting, hindering or assaulting an officer.

Allegedly on Feb. 28 Kings kicked a Parking and Code Enforcement truck with a nearby officer observing and made things difficult when the arresting officer Travis Bove intervened. Kings' Arraignment took place on March 2. The arrest occurred at 2:36 a.m. in East Lansing, Kings was able to post a $200 bail.

Head Coach Mark Dantonio released a statement on the situation after news of the incident came out. 

"We're aware of the incident. All of our student-athletes are held to a high standard, and individuals will be held accountable for their actions. We will manage this situation internally," Dantonio said.

Dantonio spoke a little more about the teams recent legal troubles with sophomore running back Delton Williams and Kings at the team's pro day.

"You're always going to be disappointed when you have problems, but that is part of what we do here too, we have to manage issues," Dantonio said.

This is not Kings first run in with the law. He missed most of last spring dealing with legal troubles, April 6. of last year Kings was arrested and charged with driving under the influence.

Kings was sentenced to 13 months of probation on July 7. He was pulled over in Delhi Township on Jolly and Aurelius roads. Kings had a BAC of over .17, which means he fell under the penalties of the “super-drunk” law.

Kings missed spring practices but earned his way back onto the team before the start of fall practice and spent all of last season with the team. Kings made 29 receptions for 404 yards and one touchdown last season, Kings played in all 13 games starting in one.

With the team losing graduating senior wide receiver Tony Lippett, Kings is expected be a major contributor next season as he finished third in total yards and tied for second in receptions this year. 

Share and discuss “MacGarrett Kings Jr. pretrial adjourned, no new date set” on social media.