First student arraigned in connection to Cedar Village revelry

<p>Dylan Bonell</p>

Dylan Bonell

The first individual arrested in relation to the weekend disturbances in Cedar Village after the MSU men's basketball victories in the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight, was arraigned on Tuesday, according to an East Lansing Police Department statement.

Dylan Carl Bonell, a 19-year-old from Plymouth, MI, is charged with two misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges and one minor in possession of alcohol charge. He was arrested early Saturday morning after the game against Oklahoma.

Bonell is listed as a finance sophomore at MSU. 

The disorderly conduct charges included remaining within 300 feet of a fire and hindering/assaulting/obstructing a police officer, the statement read.

He was arraigned by 54B District Court Judge Richard D. Ball, who released Bonell on a $500 bond. 

He has been put on a curfew beginning at 10 p.m., will undergo mandatory daily breathalyzer tests and may not be found within 2,500 feet of another civil disturbance. Any violations of these conditions may result in Bonell's bond being revoked and the cancelation of his pretrial release. 

The other 12 have yet to be arraigned, and it's unclear what implication the charges will have on Bonell and the other students' status at MSU.

Share and discuss “First student arraigned in connection to Cedar Village revelry” on social media.