Panhellenic Council begins fundraising for women's empowerment organization

This year the Panhellenic Council is celebrating their Panhellenic Pride Week with a T-shirt sale to raise funds for their latest philanthropy.

Long- and short-sleeve shirts will be sold in order to raise funds for the Panhellenic philanthropy, Circle of Sisterhood.

Circle of Sisterhood is a non-profit organization founded and run by sorority women, with the goal of educating young girls and women living with poverty and oppression.

The organization uses the collective funds raised by sororities across the nation to provide financial resources for institutions that help break these educational barriers around the world.

Panhellenic Council Vice President of internal relations Lindsay Hannah said the Circle of Sisterhood is important to them because many of their organizations were founded during a time when women didn’t have access to education.

“It’s nice to give back to women who are facing the same struggles today that we faced over 100 years ago,” Hannah said.

She said sororities are bonded together by awareness and fundraising for the Circle of Sisterhood.

Across MSU’s campus, Hannah said recognition of this philanthropy speaks to the general idea of empowering people through education.

The Panhellenic Council has raised funds every year for the Circle of Sisterhood, choosing one day out of their annual Panhellenic Pride Weekto raise awareness for the cause.

This year’s Panhellenic Pride Week will be March 23 to 26. There will be a variety of fundraising events aimed at spreading the word and donating money to Circle of Sisterhood.

For now, T-shirts are available for purchase online. Short-sleeved shirts cost $20, while long-sleeved shirts cost $22. The deadline to order is midnight March 1.

Share and discuss “Panhellenic Council begins fundraising for women's empowerment organization” on social media.