ASMSU approves $15,000 to keep iClicker rentals free

ASMSU, MSU’s undergraduate student government passed a bill last night to allocate $15,000 from the special projects fund for the expansion and improvement of the free iClicker rental program.

The bill has gone back and forth between committee meetings and General Assembly meetings since the beginning of the semester and has undergone key changes in order to keep the rental program free for students.

Instead of the original $10,000, ASMSU will allocate $15,000 in order to pay for the newly imposed registration fees for every iClicker rented in the 2015-2016 academic year, as well as purchase 100 new iClicker second editions.

“Students will receive a unique code from us at ASMSU that will waive the registration fee when they register it online,” ASMSU Vice President for Finance and Operations Greg Jackson said.

ASMSU Finance Committee Chairman Wyatt Ludman stressed at the meeting how important it is to keep this program free because of it’s prolific use on campus.

“I think that if we have the money to provide a service that students are going to use, then we should continue providing it — it’s money well spent,” he said.

Approval of last night's iClicker bill means that the program will remain completely free to students despite the iClicker registration fee, and will allow for more students to utilize the program, Ludman said. 

Apart from passing the iClicker expansion bill, the ASMSU general assembly passed every bill on their agenda last night, including a bill to support MSU Safe Place by donating $5,000 to become a platinum sponsor of the 21st annual Race for the Place 5k. 

Share and discuss “ASMSU approves $15,000 to keep iClicker rentals free” on social media.