BREAKING: MSU vs. Rutgers postponed due to potential northeastern blizzard

<p>Head coach Tom Izzo reacts to a play during the game against Maryland on Dec. 30, 2014, at Breslin Center. The Spartans were defeated by the Terrapins, 68-66 in double overtime. Danyelle Morrow/The State News</p>

Head coach Tom Izzo reacts to a play during the game against Maryland on Dec. 30, 2014, at Breslin Center. The Spartans were defeated by the Terrapins, 68-66 in double overtime. Danyelle Morrow/The State News

Photo by Danyelle Morrow | The State News

With a potentially historic snowstorm looming, the men's basketball team's Tuesday 9 p.m. game against Rutgers has been postponed indefinitely, Rutgers men's basketball announced through its Twitter handle. 

To avoid the storm, head coach Tom Izzo said the men's basketball team moved its flight up to 3 p.m. Rutgers announced the game's postponement about an hour before MSU was scheduled to leave East Lansing. 

According to The Weather Channel, the storm could bring more than two feet of snow to the East Coast. Rutgers has canceled classes through 1 p.m. Tuesday and deemed the impending snowstorm as a Level 4 Weather Emergency.

MSU-Rutgers isn't the only sporting event that has been postponed as a result of the storm. The New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets have both postponed Monday NBA games to avoid the storm, and WWE's Monday Night Raw event, which would've taken place at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut, has also been postponed.  

Share and discuss “BREAKING: MSU vs. Rutgers postponed due to potential northeastern blizzard” on social media.