Women's basketball tops Indiana 72-57

<p>Sophomore forward Aerial Powers is blocked by Indiana guard Alexis Gassion on Jan. 28, 2015, during the game at Breslin Center. The Spartans were leading the Hoosiers at halftime, 39-25. Emily Nagle/The State News</p>

Sophomore forward Aerial Powers is blocked by Indiana guard Alexis Gassion on Jan. 28, 2015, during the game at Breslin Center. The Spartans were leading the Hoosiers at halftime, 39-25. Emily Nagle/The State News

Photo by Emily Nagle | The State News

Team and individual achievements were made on Wednesday for the Spartans. 

Tori Jankoska, who came into her tenth Big Ten matchup of the season against Indiana, recorded a career-high 28-points en route to a 72-57 victory at the Breslin Center. 

The senior guard hit 56-percent of her shots from beyond the arc, finishing the game as one-of-two Spartans (11-10, 3-7 B1G) who found themselves with over 20-points scored. 

Aerial Powers, the Detroit product from Country Day, led the team in field-goal (22) and three-point attempts (10). Her aggressiveness on the offensive side of the floor matched Jankoska's point total with 28. 

Both players' shot making abilities helped garner MSU's largest conference victory this season. It was also their second straight win to conclude their two-game home stand.

The Spartans held Indiana (12-8, 2-7 B1G) to just 36-percent shooting from the floor and 35-percent from the three-point line. The Hoosiers were also out-rebounded (38-48), including five less offensive rebounds. 

Karlee McBride was the leader for Indiana in the points category, finishing 7-of-12 from the floor with 17-points. Seven more ended in the single digits, including Amanda Cahill with nine-points. 

Powers and Jankoska were two of the five Spartans who recorded at least one basket. Becca Mills was the runner-up with 12-points while finishing just under 50 percent from the floor. Lexi Gussert and Cara Miller each finished with three-points and one-point respectively. 

Conference play continues to roll on for MSU, as they'll hit the road to Columbus on February, 2nd to take on Ohio State, following up by a visit from Michigan on the 5th. 

Share and discuss “Women's basketball tops Indiana 72-57” on social media.