Good Eats: Wings to gather for your Super Bowl snack pack

<p>East Lansing resident Adam Rosales plates wings Jan. 29, 2015, during his shift at Crunchy's, 254 W. Grand River Ave. in East Lansing. Crunchy's has been around for 33 years. Hannah Levy/The State News</p>

East Lansing resident Adam Rosales plates wings Jan. 29, 2015, during his shift at Crunchy's, 254 W. Grand River Ave. in East Lansing. Crunchy's has been around for 33 years. Hannah Levy/The State News

Photo by Hannah Levy | The State News

Even if you’re not a football fan, the Super Bowl is the perfect excuse to eat unhealthy snack foods all day long. Since no snack banquet is complete without wings, East Lansing residents have an abundance of restaurants that offer delicious wings for snacking.

Buffalo Wild Wings

For many people, Buffalo Wild Wings is the first restaurant that comes to mind for a wing snack fest. Traditional and boneless wings can be purchased with sauces ranging from honey barbecue to “Blazin.’”

Wings can be purchased in 8, 12 and 18 and purchased in groups of 6 in any of their 16 original sauces. Orders can be placed to dine in or take out to bring them back to your Super Bowl bash.

Wings Over East Lansing

If you’re looking for a place that delivers, Wings Over East Lansing might be an option to consider.

Manager Josh Smith said he thinks Wings Over East Lansing has a pretty good reputation that sets it apart from other places.

“I think it’s the quality of food and the service time. We’re pretty quick,” he said.

In addition to fast and friendly service, Smith said the restaurant offers fresh chicken.

Psychology junior Na Yeon Kim said when she gets wings, she typically orders from Wings Over East Lansing. She said she most recently tried the sweet chili and honey mustard sauces.

“It was a little sweet for me, I really like spicy stuff,” psychology junior Na Yeon Kim said.

Regardless, Kim said she recommends wing lovers, so check out Wings Over East Lansing.

Super Bowl Sunday is the busiest day of the year for the restaurants, so plan on ordering ahead sooner rather than later.

Crunchy’s

If you’re looking for a beer to go with your wings, Crunchy’s has 27 different beer taps, most of them being craft beers.

Bartender Sam Olson said he thinks the size of the wings at Crunchy’s really sets them apart from others. They’re larger in size with light breading, so they’re not very crunchy. The wings are served with ranch that’s made in-house.

Olson also said the sauces are pretty tasty.

“The barbeque sauce in particular is really tasty,” he said. “Our barbeque sauce is made in-house with stout beer.”

Advertising junior Christian Olanowski said he typically orders a burger when he goes to Crunchy’s, but will keep an eye out next time for the wings.

“I’m down to try wings anywhere.” Olanowski said.

Other snacks are also plentiful at Crunchy’s, including macaroni and cheese bites.

Peppino’s Sports Grill

If you’re looking for a place with daily deals, Peppino’s Sports Grill might be a viable option.

Server Ashley Ault said the restaurant offers daily specials and deals. While the restaurant is not typically seen as a go-to place for wings, Ault said they sell boneless and traditional wings in a variety of flavors.

“I like barbeque, just plain barbeque, and hot wings. I’d recommend (Peppino’s).” - Kelsey Hannaford, professional writing junior.

Hannaford said she would describe Peppino’s wings as being tasty. For a quick deal to bring back to the party, make a stop at Peppino’s Sports Grill.

Share and discuss “Good Eats: Wings to gather for your Super Bowl snack pack” on social media.