MSU athletics receives $3 million endowment towards retaining football defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, improvements for men's basketball program

As part of the Empower Extraordinary campaign for MSU, Alumni Peter and Joan Secchia have made a significant leadership gift to help ensure the ongoing success of MSU Athletics. 

The $3 million gift will be expended between the endowment of the defensive coordinator position, currently held by Pat Narduzzi, and capital improvements for the men's basketball Program. 

While the Empower Extraordinary is a university-wide fundraiser, the athletics portion has set out a $262 million goal in order to maintain championship level facilities and people. There are three areas of endowment support for MSU Athletics — scholarships, program and coaching endowments. 

MSU Athletics has set a goal of $50 million for endowments and with the Secchia's latest gift, they are almost halfway there. 

Peter Secchia graduated from the Eli Broad College of Business in 1963 and once served as the US Ambassador to Italy. Joan Secchia was a 1964 graduate of the College of Education and now serves on the campaign board for the school. Peter Secchia is also currently a member of the Athletic Director's Campaign Leadership Council.

Share and discuss “MSU athletics receives $3 million endowment towards retaining football defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, improvements for men's basketball program” on social media.