Events on campus for national It's on Us Week of Action

As part of the national It's on Us Week of Action, multiple campus organizations are planning workshops and events to raise awareness about sexual assault's prevalence in college communities and to provide students with resources to deal with sexual assault. 

In addition to the many events being held, the 2014 University Task Force on Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence will be planning its first meeting to review MSU's attempt to combat sexual assault during the past 10 years, and identify gaps in guidance from the White House and other government bodies that regulate sexual assault handling by universities. 

Monday, Nov. 17

Phi Kappa Psi fraternity is encouraging students to take the pledge online to be active in stopping sexual assault and by signing The Rock on Farm Lane. The fraternity will also be providing doughnuts to those who sign The Rock.

Additionally, the Asian Pacific American Student Organization will be holding an educational event regarding sexual assault featuring peer educators from the Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence peer educator program. The event will be held in room C201 in Snyder and Phillips Halls from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Free pizza and soda will also be provided.

From 8-10 p.m. in the IM Sports-West Turf Arena, the Student Health Advisory Council will be hosting a self-defense class for students hoping to gain skills to physically combat sexual violence.

Those hoping to take the pledge can do so in the Holmes dining hall from 5-7 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 18

Students can take the pledge at Case dining hall from 5-7 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 19

The Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention team and the "Every Two Minutes" documentary team is holding a resource workshop at 7 p.m. in the Wonders Kiva on Wednesday, where presenters will perform skits and provide resources for students wanting to get involved in sexual assault prevention. 

Students can also take the pledge at Brody Square Dining Hall from 5-7 p.m.

Thursday, Nov. 20

The Residence Halls Association is showing the documentary "Every Two Minutes" at 8 p.m. in campus cinemas in addition to featuring it on RHA TV, channels 11 and 12. "Every Two Minutes" is a student-led documentary on the frequency of sexual assaults on campuses.

Students can also take the pledge at the The Gallery in Snyder-Phillips Hall from 5-7 p.m.

Share and discuss “Events on campus for national It's on Us Week of Action ” on social media.