Despite failure of parking lot sale, some redevelopment moving forward

A site plan made by Park District Investment Group for the redevelopment of the corner of Abbot Road and Grand River Avenue will be presented Tuesday night according to East Lansing City Council Work Session Agenda .

Park District Investment Group is proposing to demolish the former Citizens Bank, along with buildings 124, 128, 130, 136 and 140 W. Grand River Ave. and 303 Abbot Road. A 10-story, mixed-use building would be built instead.

The project will include retail space, a coffee shop, a restaurant, 121 hotel rooms , six studio apartments , 12 one-bedroom apartments , 78 two-bedroom apartments and six three-bedroom apartments , along with two underground levels with 283 parking spaces.

The site plan was referred to the city council after the East Lansing Planning Commission reviewed the plan and made some conditions for approval.

“Convenient” bike racks, restaurant closing times and the construction of curbs along Abbot Road were some of the recommendations made by the East Lansing Planning Commission.

Water and sanitary sewer extensions and connections as well as soil erosion control plans are included as conditions for approval.

Hotel Indigo , a chain of boutique hotels, is part of InterContinental Hotels Group and is expected to be located in Building A, part of the 10-story building.

The project was part of the Park District and will be presented two weeks after residents voted no on the November ballot proposal that would have give the city government the ability to sell three city-owned parking lots in downtown for the redevelopment of it.

Park District Investment Group was working with DTN Management Company for the realization of Park District area. However, after the no vote by residents, DTN withdrew its plan for the project.

Share and discuss “Despite failure of parking lot sale, some redevelopment moving forward” on social media.