Despite U-M ties, Desmond Howard reports positive experiences with College GameDay at East Lansing

In what is becoming a bit of a tradition in East Lansing, the crew of ESPN’s College Gameday is once on campus. This is usually fun for ESPN reporters and staff, even if you are a Michigan alum like Desmond Howard.

Howard played at U-M from 1988-1991 and won the Heisman Trophy in 1991. He said whenever he comes to East Lansing, he is treated well.

“I haven’t had any problems,” he said. “It’s not really like I’m hanging out at the bars, but the people from point A to point B couldn’t be nicer.”

Howard said that the struggles of his alma mater don’t worry him. He said he is past the point in his life when U-M’s struggles don’t affect him as much as it used to.

“At my age I’ve grown out of that,” he said. “I’m more concerned with my son’s games.”

He had a similar response to the struggles of the Big Ten as a whole.

“If the struggles at Michigan don’t keep me up at night the perception of the Big Ten as a whole won’t either,” he joked. “I think that’s (Jim) Delany’s issue. They have a commissioner who needs to fix that.”

Share and discuss “Despite U-M ties, Desmond Howard reports positive experiences with College GameDay at East Lansing” on social media.