Mark Dantonio is the second-highest paid coach in college football, behind only Alabama's Nick Saban

The green on head coach Mark Dantonio’s Spartan merchandise isn’t the only green he’s got in his life currently, with the rest sitting in his pockets.

USA Today released a spreadsheet of all the NCAA FBS head coaches total compensation on Wednesday and Dantonio ranks No. 2 on list only behind Alabama and former MSU head coach Nick Saban for highest paid coaches in the country.

According to the stats, Dantonio will earn $5,636,145 during this season with a potential max bonus of $650,000. Of the $5.6 million Dantonio will earn this year, all but $24,300 comes from MSU.

Saban leads the list with a whopping total pay of $7,160,187. The next Big Ten head coach on the list is Ohio State’s Urban Meyer who is set to make $4,536,640 this season.

The big pay increase came when Dantonio received a contract raise last season. Dantonio signed the new contract in February, which increased his compensation from $1.99 million to $3.64 million per year.

USA Today received the information on coaches pay through sending in requests to all 128 NCAA FBS programs. 

Share and discuss “Mark Dantonio is the second-highest paid coach in college football, behind only Alabama's Nick Saban” on social media.