MSU women's soccer players set goals as they near the end of their season

Three weeks remain in the women’s soccer season, and despite an unfavorable start to league play, MSU is gaining ground at just the right time.

After defeating Nebraska and Purdue for its first two conference victories of the year, MSU has its sights set on the postseason.

“Our goal is to win every single game from here on out,” junior forward Alexandra Gjonaj. “We started off rough, but we played the top teams in the Big Ten. The best thing we can do now is to win every single game to be in the running to get the the Big Ten tournament.”

With five games left in the regular season, the Spartans will need to unite if they hope to get the positive results they are seeking.

“(The most important thing is) still working as a team and getting everything done together,” freshman forward Jamie Cheslik said. “We need to be confident in everything we do.”

The schedule will get easier in the final weeks, as MSU is set to play four of its final five games against teams in the bottom half of the conference standings.

Share and discuss “MSU women's soccer players set goals as they near the end of their season” on social media.