Unique one credit electives

Juggling intense lectures and labs throughout college can be demanding. If a student is looking for an interesting way to receive college credit or to just to fill out a schedule, check out these innovative one-credit courses from all different departments.

MSU Fall Film Collective:

Screen junkies with an interest in film can check out the MSU Film Collective, a one-credit independent study where a series of films are presented by faculty and students. It is based around a specific theme, after which there is a brief open discussion among the audience. The theme this semester is “Mavericks and Misfits,” featuring everything from Korean horror films to indie action movies. Open to everyone, these free screenings are held every Thursday at 8 p.m. in B122 Wells Hall.

KIN 101U or Kin101M (Sailing):

Open to all ages, KIN 101U and KIN 101M are classes designed to give each participant a solid foundation for recreational sailing adventures for years to come. Available during the fall, spring and summer semesters, these programs offer a real sailing experience. All classes for KIN 101U are held at the MSU Sailing Center on Lake Lansing and KIN 101M classes are typically held on MSU classes, but students get the opportunity to sail on Lake Michigan.

THR 111L (Theatre Lab):

This theatre lab gives an opportunity to students who are interested in theatre but may not necessarily have the time to do it. This course gives an intensive experience participating in the technical side of the Department of Theatre. Tasks include assisting at a beginner’s level, which might mean helping with the scenery crew, costume or electrics crew and helping with props and makeup.

Share and discuss “Unique one credit electives” on social media.