Good eats: South of the border restaurants along Grand River

<p>Lansing resident Tammy Gubert serves food to customers Oct. 9, 2014, at El Azteco on Albert Avenue. Gubert said that she enjoys the busy atmosphere that comes with working at El Azteco. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News. </p>

Lansing resident Tammy Gubert serves food to customers Oct. 9, 2014, at El Azteco on Albert Avenue. Gubert said that she enjoys the busy atmosphere that comes with working at El Azteco. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News.

Photo by Jessalyn Tamez | The State News

Moe’s Southwest Grill

“They have the best queso here. I’m obsessed with it.” Cassidy Nieves, advertising freshmanEMC

Students across MSU’s campus love a good burrito, and with Moe’s Southwest Grill, it’s hard to go wrong. There are dozens of burrito options to choose from, such as the famous Chili Con Queso and The Homewrecker, but you can also personalize. Plus, every order comes with free chips and salsa. And in case you’re not craving a burrito or have a light appetite, there is a tacos and children’s menu as well.

Chipotle

“It’s a great value. You get so much food for just a few dollars. Plus, if you order the right way, you can be healthy with it, too.” David Foreman, supply chain management seniorEMC

As one of the original fast-casual Mexican restaurants, Chipotle is a classic. Students go down a line, picking out the best and freshest ingredients for their massive burritos or burrito bowls. Located right on Grand River Avenue, Chipotle draws many students for an after-class lunch.

El Azteco

“Everything always taste so good. I love coming here, it feels really authentic.” Becca Tresnak, arts and humanities freshmanEMC

Students who are looking for a bit more of an authentic Mexican experience can try El Azteco. The restaurant features other items such as trays of nachos, tostadas, huevos rancheros and other Mexican staples, though the items are on the pricey side for students.

Los Tres Amigos

“It’s really authentic and traditional. The atmosphere is friendly and I loved the decorations that added to the Mexican theme.” Ashley Smith, arts and humanities freshman

For many MSU students, Los Tres Amigos is great Mexican cuisine. Featuring a gigantic eight-page menu, the options are seemingly endless. From large burritos to sizzling fajita platters, there are a range of options to cure Mexican cravings. They also offer large specialty plates and vegetarian-friendly options.

Share and discuss “Good eats: South of the border restaurants along Grand River” on social media.