Good eats

Best burger joints in East Lansing

<p>Stefanie Oestreich of Dortmund, Germany enjoys a meal Sept. 2, 2014, at The Peanut Barrel on Grand River Avenue. Raymond Williams/The State News</p>

Stefanie Oestreich of Dortmund, Germany enjoys a meal Sept. 2, 2014, at The Peanut Barrel on Grand River Avenue. Raymond Williams/The State News

Photo by Raymond Williams | The State News

Bagger Dave’s

“There are a ridiculous amount of options for your toppings.” - Janee Broadway , communication junior

Students at MSU enjoy Bagger Dave’s Burger Tavern because it offers such a wide variety of toppings to choose from. Communications junior Janee Broadway said she finds the overall experience at Bagger Dave’s to be very convenient because the restaurant allows customers to fill out their orders on a sheet of paper before handing it over to the workers. When customers go in for a meal, they have the ability to customize their burgers by selecting their choice of protein, bun, cheese, custom-made sauce, premium toppings, and “meaningless free toppings.”

Five Guys

“Their burgers always taste very fresh, almost like a burger you would make at home.” -Syd ney Watson, environmental biology freshman

When it comes to favorite places to grab a burger on campus, it appears that many MSU students rank Five Guys Burgers and Fries near the very top of their list. This restaurant is popular among the MSU crowd for their filling burgers, fresh ingredients, and orders of french fries that are large enough to share with friends. Not only do students enjoy the reasonable prices and the bucket of free peanuts to snack on with any meal, but they appreciate the quick service as well. According to physiology sophomore Cameron Meyer,  there will be no problem going in and out for a quick, quality burger.

Peanut Barrel

“I like how their burgers are very classic and simple.”- Laura Osaer , biomedical laboratory science senior

Peanut Barrel is another favorite burger stop for MSU students not only because of their good quality burgers, but for their friendly atmosphere as well. For human biology senior Ally Kundinger,  the outdoor seating and the incredibly nice wait staff are two aspects of the restaurant that keep her coming back. The side of potato salad and their famous Long Islands are two of the most popular items on the menu for students.

Crunchy’s

“I like the different combinations of burgers you can have by choosing from their unique toppings.”-Lauren Plotzke,  recreation and tourism junior

For many MSU students, Crunchy’s is their favorite place to order a burger because of their signature toppings that allows customers to personalize their burgers every time they stop in for a meal. Plotzke said her favorite meal is the Famous Crunchy Burger with the teriyaki signature topping, which includes pineapple, teriyaki sauce, and mozzarella cheese.  Some other topping options on the menu include western, Cajun, and cheddar. In addition to the customizable burgers, forestry senior Chris Huggett  said he really enjoys Crunchy’s friendly atmosphere and their down-to-earth employees.

Share and discuss “Good eats” on social media.