Stabbing victim named in statement from fraternity

Premedical freshman Steven Lott was the victim in the stabbing incident at Alpha Sigma Phi early Sunday morning, according to a statement obtained by The State News from the fraternity.

"There was an altercation that broke out at one of the apartment complexes next door to us. The event drifted into our parking lot and that’s when a few brothers tried to break it up. The end result was one brother, Steven Lott, getting stabbed in the lower back," the statement said.

Another fraternity member called the police, the statement said.

"The police were on scene in less then (sic.) two minutes and everything dispersed and Steven was taken to the hospital. Steven is completely fine and he was kept overnight," the statement said. "Many news articles are referencing our address because when (a fraternity member) called he gave them our house address instead of an apartment number."

The statement also claimed two people were taken into custody after "they ran from the scene," but police have not confirmed any arrests in relation to the stabbing.

Previous coverage of the reported stabbing can be read here. Stay with The State News for more information as it's made available.

Share and discuss “Stabbing victim named in statement from fraternity” on social media.