Man charged with four sexual assaults of MSU students pleads guilty

<p>Oswald Scott Wilder</p>

Oswald Scott Wilder

Oswald Wilder, charged with a string of four sexual assaults all perpetrated against MSU students between late March and early May of 2013, pleaded guilty today just as the jury selection for his trial had begun.

Wilder admitted his struggles with drugs to Judge Rosemarie Aquilina in Ingham County Circuit Court Thursday, the Lansing State Journal reports.

Wilder, a Vernon, Mich., resident, previously waived his arraignment in court.

The first sexual assault Wilder was charged with occurred at the 1100 block of Grand River Avenue, where the victim told police she was grabbed from behind and assaulted while walking down the road.mr

The second occurred on April 20, around midnight near Coolidge Road. Surveillance footage showed Wilder following the victim out of the Meijer on Lake Lansing Road.

The third victim was entering her home when Wilder allegedly punched her in the face before dragging her to a shed in her backyard. The woman escaped. A fourth victim was attacked while walking in a parking lot near Abbott Pointe Apartments.mr

Wilder is slated to be sentenced Oct. 29. As part of his plea deal, he will serve a minimum prison sentence of 14 to 30 years and be subject to GPS monitoring for the rest of his life, in addition to being a registered sex offender. 

Share and discuss “Man charged with four sexual assaults of MSU students pleads guilty” on social media.