Wharton Center to host concert after homecoming parade

Although many students will likely be taking part in homecoming festivities Friday evening, those looking for a more cultured experience might find it at the Wharton Center.

At 8 p.m. in the Cobb Great Hall of the Wharton Center, students and faculty will perform classical as well as modern music for the audience. About 80 students will be performing.

Tickets for students are free with their MSU ID, while tickets for adults are $10 and $8 for seniors.

Director for Orchestras and Conductor for the concert Kevin Noe said the preparation is significant.

“I probably spend studying a month before rehearsals,” Noe said. “We conduct over a 3 week period.”

Expecting hundreds of people, Noe said students are encouraged to attend.

“My experience, people who come to high energy performances, if they come open minded, they’ll love it,” Noe said. “We have an exciting ending with the music we’ll be performing tonight.”

Music performance sophomore Daniela Diaz is excited that the day has finally arrived.

“I’m excited because it’s my first concert with the orchestra here at MSU,” Diaz said. “I’ve been performing in orchestras since I was 10 years old and being a part of an orchestra is my life.”

The students performing are culturally diverse as well.

“It’s exciting to play with different backgrounds, different people,” Diaz said. “You play with people from different countries and we all have a different way of playing which is a good challenge.”

Share and discuss “Wharton Center to host concert after homecoming parade” on social media.