Chandler TapHouse to host grand opening Sept. 27

<p>Customers and servers mingle Sept. 17, 2014, at Chandler TapHouse on 16800 Chandler Rd. in East Lansing. The bar participates in happy hour every weekday from 3-7pm. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News</p>

Customers and servers mingle Sept. 17, 2014, at Chandler TapHouse on 16800 Chandler Rd. in East Lansing. The bar participates in happy hour every weekday from 3-7pm. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News

Photo by Jessalyn Tamez | The State News

The new restaurant and sports bar officially opened its doors to the East Lansing public on Sept. 3 and has planned a grand opening for Sept. 27.

Bartender Jim King said Chandler TapHouse offers unique drink specialties and practical prices.

Thursdays feature “Dollar Pint Nights,” which King said is just one of the many specialties that sets them apart from other venues in East Lansing. The bar also offers happy hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, where customers can purchase $2 domestic pints and $2 single-wells drinks.

“We have prices that college students really can’t ignore,” King said.

With 47 beers on draft  and a personal cocktail list for every bartender,  King said customers have the luxury of ordering from a large selection of drinks. Their house recipe, the TapHouse Sangria, is one of the popular cocktails on the menu.

“This is the TapHouse, we have to provide,” King said.

In addition to their bar specialties, General Manager Craig Jensen said the restaurant’s inviting atmosphere and extensive menu offering pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads and pastas makes this a popular location for both students and local residents on game days.

“We’re just a great upbeat venue where you can come to watch sports games while having a drink,” Jensen said.

On game days, MSU fans can enjoy a $5 featured cocktail called the Sparty Island, which is essentially a green long island.

After advertising through radio, TV and print, Jensen said they hope to have a large turnout for their grand opening. The doors will open at 11 a.m.  with DJ Donnie D  and many different beer vendors to celebrate the new local sports bar.

“Once our grand opening hits, we expect to be absolutely slammed,” King said.

Share and discuss “Chandler TapHouse to host grand opening Sept. 27” on social media.