Search is on for Breslin Center remodel architects

The search for qualified architectural firms and construction managers to renovate the Breslin Center has officially begun.

During the June Board of Trustees meeting, board members approved the plans to renovate the Breslin Center and allowed them to move forward.

The architectural firm and construction manager are expected to be found in the fall, and final approval for the plan will be presented to the Board of Trustees in fall 2015. The tentative date for the project's completion is fall 2018, and it is expected that renovations will cost around $28 million. 

The planned updates for the Breslin Center will include updated restrooms, concession stands, heating and ventilation enhancements and improvements in sustainability. Safety and security measures will also be looked at and considered for improvements. 

According to a press release, the renovations are crucial to support men's and women's basketball events, along with any other events held at the Breslin Center during the school year. 

“The fan experience has changed significantly since the building opened in 1989,” Athletic Director Mark Hollis said in a statement. “We are excited to plan for the future of the Breslin as we make some much-needed improvements.” 

Share and discuss “Search is on for Breslin Center remodel architects” on social media.