Two purses thefts on campus, power plant vandalized

Stolen Purses

A 19-year-old female student reported her $100 Coach purse stolen from her car on June 2, police said. The theft occurred between 12:30 and 3:00 p.m. in Lot 63, which is located on the corner of Harrison Road and West Shaw Lane. Police have no suspects.

Another purse theft occurred on June 2 between 4:15 and 5:00 p.m. on Service Road in the Angell Building. A 51-year-old female employee left her purse on her desk in her office while she attended a meeting, and later found it missing. A witness said she heard noises coming from the victim's office while she was gone, but thought nothing of it. The witness said a man walked by her window shortly after. 

Police believe he might have stolen the purse. A witness described the suspect as a white male between 20 and 30 years old, 5-foot-10-inches tall and of medium build. The suspect was last seen wearing a brown T-shirt and jeans, and carrying a tan old-looking backpack.

Several credit cards, identification cards and car keys were inside the purse and the victim estimates the contents of her purse were worth upwards of $250.

Vandalism

A male employee reported previously unnoticed graffiti vandalism to the Simon Power Plant on May 30. Police currently have no suspects and estimated the damage at $200. 

Share and discuss “Two purses thefts on campus, power plant vandalized” on social media.