How to pick out the best spring colors for your personal look

The snow is melting, days are getting longer and the birds are back chirping — it's safe to say, spring has arrived.

Spring has a whole new wardrobe that's much different than the grueling dark winter clothing. It's time to brighten up that closet and throw in colorful hues to match new styles. However, with almost anything there are various factors that come along with fashion. Depending on the tone of your skin, there are certain colors that can make people look pale, tan, hide flaws or even make them more noticeable.

According to color experts at Pantone, the top colors for Spring 2014 are: dazzling blue, radiant orchid, freesia (yellow), placid blue, sand, violet tulip, celosia orange, cayenne (choral), paloma (gray), and hemlock (green).

With the new spring colors, here are a few tips to make sure you're wearing your best for your skin tone and hair color.

Freckled pale skinned brunettes

If you have pale skin, you typically look well wearing colors such as yellows, greens and blues. Collaborating with this years trendy spring hues, you should look into wearing tints similar to freesia, dazzling blue, violet tulip and hemlock. To avoid being washed out, you should stray away from white and black colors.

Medium pink skinned blondes

For those with a underlining pink skin tone, pastels will be your friend this year. This spring, you should find clothing with colors such as violet tulip, cayenne, placid blue and hemlock. Your skin tone calls for softer colors, so save the bold blacks and oranges for halloween.

Dark skinned, dark haired

It's time to bring out those white pants again. Darker skins are able to pull of white and pale colors really well. This year, try matching white slacks or shorts with colors such as placid blue, violet tulip and hemlock. Out of all the skin categories, you rock white the best so take advantage of it to help make your skin glow and outfit pop.

Red heads

It's just one of those known facts that redheads typically look well in earth tone colors. They effortlessly seem to always pull of oranges, browns and other earthy tones. Those who fall under this category should look towards colors such as Sand, and Hemlock —basic black and white colors won't do much justice. 

Share and discuss “How to pick out the best spring colors for your personal look” on social media.