Dantonio's raise gives him salary above $3.6 million
Roses are red, money is green and Mark Dantonio has seen a lot both lately.
Compared to last year’s $1.99 million salary, Dantonio will be making $3.64 million per year with his newly amended salary. The announcement was made by athletics director Mark Hollis and MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon.
Another year was also added to his contract, making is a six-year rollover deal.
Dantonio also will get to work with the athletic department for up to five years after he retires, which is a three-year extension from his previous deal.
Defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi will see a pay raise too, as he is scheduled to make $904,583, making him the highest-paid assistant coach in the Big Ten.
"Under Coach Dantonio's leadership, the MSU football program not only has risen in national prominence but also continues to develop well-rounded student-athletes who have gone on to great careers in a variety of fields," Simon said in a release.
Dantonio’s base salary will jump from $682,905 to $2 million, with his supplemental income going from $869,000 to $1 million. He also will be making $100,000 from his apparel deal with Nike.
The deal also will bring Dantonio into the sky, as he is allowed 25 hours of personal airtime on MSU’s private plane.
The university also gave the football program $785,000 to boost the salaries of assistant coaches.
Defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi is slated to make $904,583, making him the highest-paid assistant coach in the Big Ten.
MSUSpartans.com also posted the following salaries for assistant coaches:
- Assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi - $904,583
- Co-offensive coordinator/running backs coach Dave Warner - $379,167
- Co-offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Jim Bollman - $368,333
- Secondary coach Harlon Barnett - $260,000
- Linebackers/special teams coach Mike Tressel - $260,000
- Quarterbacks coach/recruiting coordinator Brad Salem - $254,583
- Offensive line coach Mark Staten - $254,583
- Defensive line coach Ron Burton - $243,750
- Wide receivers coach Terrence Samuel - $243,750