Rose Bowl ticket requests top 31,000, according to university

Requests for Rose Bowl tickets from university donors, students, season ticket-holders and Spartan Fund donors have topped 31,000 — about 7,000 more than MSU’s allotment — according to the MSU Athletics Department.

A release from the department says that as a result of the high demand, there will be no public sale of tickets.

The athletics department said earlier this week that requests for tickets with payment did not guarantee the purchase of a ticket.

After 10 p.m. Wednesday night, those who made a request will receive an email notifying them of their order status.

The department did partially fill some requests for tickets, Spartan Fund members at the Directors Club level — an annual donation of at least $5,000 to the fund — had their requests reduced to four tickets from six. Other donors, including members of the Shaw Society — $500,000 in lifetime giving to MSU — had their requests reduced from four tickets to two, according to the release.

Cancellations with a refund are being accepted through Dec. 18, through request via fax at 517-432-2232 or email at tickets@msu.edu.

MSU is set to take on Stanford in the game on New Year’s Day.

Share and discuss “Rose Bowl ticket requests top 31,000, according to university” on social media.