Homemade Halloween costume ideas

Halloween is inching closer and costume options at the stores might be running low. Time to dig through your closet and make a trip to the thrift store. Sometimes the most fun and cheap costumes are the ones that are self-made.

Here are five costumes that will be easy to pull together during the next few days.

Bag of jelly beans

Supplies: a clear garbage bag, enough inflated balloons to fill the bag, a ribbon, paper and a permanent marker

First cut holes in the bag for arms and legs and step in. Then stuff inflated balloons in the bag.

After the garbage bag is filled with balloons, either write out “jelly beans” on a piece of paper and attach it to the bag or print out the Jelly Belly logo. This costume also could double as a gumball machine.

Cereal killer

Supplies: single-serve cereal boxes (varies depending on preference), red paint or fake blood, plastic spoons and knives and an old shirt

Stab the empty cereal boxes with the plastic knives and cover them with the “blood.” Attach the boxes and plastic spoons to an old shirt using an adhesive like hot glue, and smear the shirt and your face with more blood.

Pair this with a creepy stare and the costume is complete.

Dust bunny

Supplies: white or gray shirt and pants, bunny ears and a feather duster

Just pair all these different things together, and you’ve become a dust bunny.

Hawaiian Punch

Supplies: Tropical print Hawaiian shirtaf, fake Hawaiian flower garlands, grass skirt and boxing gloves

Deck yourself out in Hawaiian garb and add a pair of boxing gloves to be Hawaiian Punch .

A gift from God

Supplies: wrapping paper, a big bow, a piece of paper and a permanent marker

Wrap yourself up like a present and put a bow on your head. On the paper either write “To: Women” or “To: Men” based on your sexual preference, and end it with “From: God.” Now you’re God’s gift to someone.

Share and discuss “Homemade Halloween costume ideas” on social media.