Editor's note: Statenews.com relaunched for changing times

<p>Krietz</p>

Krietz

Way back in July 1996, statenews.com was born.

Back then, you couldn’t find the day’s top stories unless you clicked on “Today’s Edition” first.

But hey, it was 1996.

The State News’ home on the web has undergone many changes during the years and if you’ve been an eagle-eyed reader, you noticed a facelift Monday with the relaunch of statenews.com.

Our print product always has been your guide to MSU and the surrounding community. Statenews.com builds upon that premise and complements the day’s paper with breaking news, real-time coverage, and a place to voice — or vent — your opinion.

The relaunched site was designed with you, our readers, in mind. You’ll now always see content that fits your device, whatever your device.

When you access the site on a desktop computer or tablet, you’ll see a brand new multimedia window. Hover (or tap) on it to see photo galleries or videos right from the homepage.

Finally, let’s keep in touch. Tightly integrated social media tools found on every page allow for more conversations.

The relaunched site is more than just a makeover; it is our commitment to being a step ahead in a changing media landscape.

Let us know what you like and dislike. News isn’t a static product and neither will the relaunched statenews.com.

Thanks for reading,

—Andrew Krietz, editor in chief

Share and discuss “Editor's note: Statenews.com relaunched for changing times” on social media.