Going down to Old Town for a variety of tastes

A sunny Saturday brought crowds to Lansing’s Old Town last weekend for the third annual Taste and Tour of Old Town event organized by the Old Town Commercial Association, or OTCA.

A ticket to the event bought tourists a food sample from 10 different area restaurants and a tour of 11 lofts.

Photo by Kat Petersen | The State News

“It gives a lot of people an inside peek into urban living and what it’s like to live in the arts district of Lansing,” said Brittney Hoszkiw, executive director of the OTCA.

Tim and Kathy Haynes were doing just that.

They have a sale pending on a condominium in Old Town and went to the event to see what the neighborhood has to offer.

“When we started looking for places, this was one of the first areas we started to look,” Tim Haynes said.

The shops and restaurants were two selling points for the couple, along with the walking path that runs between their perspective condo and the river.

Dozens of volunteers also were put to work for the event. Amber Denney, a Lansing resident and Lansing Community College student, has been volunteering in Old Town since last fall and was passing out brownies at Mama Bear’s Cafe for Saturday’s event.

“I just love Old Town because it’s a lot of fun and it’s really community oriented,” Denney said.

Share and discuss “Going down to Old Town for a variety of tastes” on social media.