Spartans rout Friars, 73-35

Coming off a disappointing loss to Oklahoma on Sunday, the MSU women’s basketball team was out to prove something on Thursday.

The No. 23 Spartans had no problem producing the 73-35 win against Providence, holding the Friars to a 20.3 percent from the field and a 12.5 percent average from outside the arc.

The 38-point win was MSU’s largest victory since 2005, when it defeated Northwestern by 61 points on Feb. 3.

Sophomore center Allyssa DeHaan made history after her first of three blocks on the night. With a current career total of 202 blocks, DeHaan became the fastest player in NCAA history to record 200 career blocks – doing so just 11 games into her second season. DeHaan also made all five of her free-throw attempts and has now made 29 straight free throws – the fourth-best streak in MSU history.

Up by 21 points at half, every player had the opportunity to make a contribution in the win with freshman guard Brittney Thomas leading the pack with 15 points, four steals and three assists and freshman forward Kalisha Keane right behind her at 14 points and 10 rebounds.

The Spartans (8-3 overall) continued their pestering turnover trouble, committing 20, but made up for it against the Friars with their offensive dominance combined with forcing 22 turnovers themselves.

Share and discuss “Spartans rout Friars, 73-35” on social media.