Thomas announces new draft considerations

Orlando, Fla. — Junior wide receiver Devin Thomas is bringing new life to his considerations to declare for the NFL draft.

Thomas told reporters he had a son on the way, and that the mother, who is from Ann Arbor, is due Monday. The child becoming a part of his life will impact his decision to go pro, he said.

“Really, you look at it either way, because I would like to spend time with him,” Thomas said following MSU’s 24-21 defeat to Boston College in the Champs Sports Bowl on Friday.

“Sooner or later, whether it be this year or next year, I’m going to have to leave for a short period of time,” he said. “It’s all on how my body feels and what I want to do.”

Thomas’ 79-yard kick off return in the game’s first play sent him into the record books, breaking the Big Ten single-season record for return yards. He finished the season with 1,135 yards, becoming the first player in the conference to surpass the 1,000 return yards mark.

Thomas also caught four passes for 34 yards, one of his lowest receiving totals of the season.

In his first game returning punts, he had a long return of 18 yards, but also dropped two consecutive punts in the fourth quarter

Share and discuss “Thomas announces new draft considerations” on social media.