Pay it fashion-forward
Since the characters slum in New York City, it's easy to adapt their style and not worry about the weather at the same time, since both New York and Michigan similar climates.
For a Bohemian look that'll keep you warm as the weather turns nasty, you need to get creative.
Dig out your sewing machine and tackle the thrift stores to piece together a look that is unique. And don't just throw anything you find together garments should mean something or have some story behind them.
Take fashion designer and geography junior Bree Harrison. She said she likes to recycle by utilizing old clothing.
"It cuts down on child labor," she said. "I'm a conscious buyer."
1. Harrison's look is based around not just any warm winter coat. It's actually a World War II issued Marine officer's jacket.
2. Harrison also changed the buttons on the attic find to better fit her style.
3. Next she added a hand-woven, blue scarf for warmth. The variety of colors of yarns, however, gives the article of clothing depth and interest.
4. On the bottom, Harrison's stovepipe, gray pants are a Salvation Army find from England.
5. Topping off her outfit is a pink newsboy hat, the same style that Rosario Dawson wears in the new "Rent" movie as Mimi. Harrison nabbed hers from Forever 21.